Respite Care for Older Adults
The Adult Day Service Center of the Blue Mountain Health System offers an alternative to long term care while providing respite for those caring for someone at home. The program is based on a medical model with nursing care, which means clients can receive medical services with a physician’s order for services such as physical therapy, podiatry and laboratory testing. Daily nursing supervision allows for the monitoring of a client’s medical conditions so you can be assured that your family member will be safe and will enjoy their day.
In addition to free time and ample rest periods, clients participate in a wide variety of activities based on the client’s particular abilities, including daily exercise, crafts, games, puzzles, pet therapy, cooking and baking, gardening, dancing, bingo, needlepoint and sewing, music and sing-a-longs, “theme weeks” and field trips. Daily nursing supervision allows for the monitoring of clients’ medical conditions.
Adult Day Services Provides:
- Nursing supervision including medication administration, health monitoring, responding to medical emergencies
- Assistance with personal needs such as walking, eating, toileting and personal hygiene
- Nutritional needs and snacks including special diets for those who require them
- Special programs focusing on senior topics of interest
- Caregiver support by providing advice on available community services, caregiver support groups, monthly newsletters, and emotional support for clients and families adapting to our program.
The center offers a warm, friendly atmosphere and the opportunity for seniors to develop friendships while participating in activities they enjoy. Participants also enjoy a light breakfast, hot lunch and an afternoon snack provided by the center.
The center is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Those seeking enrollment should submit a completed application and schedule a physical exam with their physician. No referral is necessary. You can choose the particular days you wish to attend. Transportation is available to residents of Carbon, Monroe, Northampton, and Lehigh counties.
For more information, please contact the center:
525 Iron Street, Lehighton, PA 18235