Gnaden Huetten Volunteer Services
Volunteers from communities throughout our service area generously give their time and energy to help us better serve our patients by performing various tasks throughout the hospital, including delivering flowers, escorting patients, assisting at the information desk and running our gift shop. Volunteers also donate their time to the various areas of the hospital, such as Next Step Acute Rehabilitation, laboratory, physical therapy and at The Summit Skilled Nursing & Recovery Care. Our volunteers are part of the Hospital Auxiliary. For more information about volunteer services, please call Human Resources at 610-377-7088.
Palmerton Hospital Volunteer Services
The Palmerton Hospital Auxiliary was formed in 1912. Its purpose is “to assist the Palmerton Hospital through ways and means approved by the Governing Boards of the Auxiliary and the Hospital.” Their various fund-raising activities have raised more than a million dollars over the years. The money has been used to purchase equipment for the hospital as well as support various renovation projects. In addition to the fund-raising activities, the auxiliary is also involved in a service capacity, providing many hours of support services in the hospital.
Hospital volunteers help in a variety of ways, such as:
- Delivering mail throughout the hospital
- Performing clerical tasks in various hospital departments
- Working with clients at the Adult Day Services Center
- Staffing the “Owl’s Nest” gift shop and the “Nearly New” thrift shop
- Working as nursing volunteers
- Decorating the hospital at Christmas time
- Serving as officers, chairing committees and providing assistance when a special need arises in the hospital
Enthusiastic men and women comprise the organization. If you would like more information on how you can be a part of this rewarding organization, please call 610-826-1342.