Being a good patient does not mean being a silent one. If you have questions, problems, or unmet needs, please let us know. Expressing a complaint is a patient right. You are encouraged to talk to your caregivers. We assure that your reporting of a complaint will in no way compromise, nor diminish your medical care. If you prefer, you may call 610-377-7350 for additional assistance from a hospital representative. The following is a summary of the hospital of the Blue Mountain Health System complaint/grievance process:
- Complaint to staff, department director, or hospital management (verbal or written).
- Prompt investigation of complaint/grievance (immediate investigation/action if life threatening issue).
- Referral of issue to senior management and/or risk manager if necessary.
- Action taken/response to patient within business 7 days when possible (you will be notified if more time is needed to complete the process).
- Phone call and/or letter to you summarizing the investigation/action taken, including the name and phone number of a contact person.
Blue Mountain Health System encourages you to report any quality of care or safety concerns to our staff first. If you have continued concerns that have not been resolved by us, you may contact the following agencies:
Pennsylvania Department of Health
Division of Acute and Ambulatory Care
Health & Welfare Building – Room 532
Harrisburg, PA 17120
The Joint Commission
Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
If you are a Medicare patient, you have the right to contact the following organization directly, or have our case management department do so for you, to have your care and treatment reviewed:
Quality Insights of Pennsylvania
2601 Market Place Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
If you are a Medicare or Medicaid patient, you may also contact the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to file a complaint/grievance:
Beneficiary Complaint Response Program